28 August 2013

Cookies!

Just a quick hello!  Been busy and have passed up so many blog updates lately that I dont even know where to start!  Here's a quick bullet point. 
-Mattaw kiddos are on school break.  They'll start back in a week.  They're doing great!
-one of our girls committed to Mattaw recently through the court, due to one very terrible heart wrenching situations, gave her life to Jesus last week. You can see a huge transformation in her attitude and how much joy she now has.  
-The new babies are growing big and healthy.  Maria is 6 pounds 15 ounces. Moses is 8 pounds. Ryan is talking more and even learning some English. And sweet Lulu is smiley as always and still growing a bit every week.  The love of Jesus brings such huge transformation in these sweet babes. 
-Our oldest, Caleb, just transferred to a new university in Texas and is having a great first week. Even got to start practicing with their soccer team in hopes to play for the college!  
-I started kindergarten with Elisha at home this week and love having my mornings set aside for them. Have really struggled if he would go full time at Mattaw or if I would teach him. It needed to be one or the other. Long story short, I felt I would one day highly regret not teaching them in their early years and decided to make them my priority over many other things around here that demand attention. This is only a season and everyone is called to do things differently so ultimately it came down to where God gave me peace. We will spend afternoons and weekends at mattaw since they do love it and we want them growing up with their Kenyan friends there and continuing to know swahili. But for now, I've accepted that, indeed I am a missionary homeschool mom. Sigh. (With the understanding that I'm not raising socially akward kids that run around in denim jumpers and bowl haircuts. No offense there. And not that I'm against it, just the label is not exactly who we are!).  

And just for fun, I just discovered this super easy cookie recipe that is a wonderful last minute homemade throw together for unexpected guest :). And there's no flour so it's healthy right?  ;-)

~preheat oven to 350 (or 180 Celsius if you live here)
~mix together 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 large eggs and 2 cups chocolate chips 
(Take out 2-3 tablespoons of sugar if you're high altitude like us)
~dip out onto greased cookie sheet or silpat (I LOVE my silpat)
~bake 14-18 min

Enjoy!

More soon...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations