05 December 2012

Honor Him

Twelve years ago Holy Spirit spoke so clearly to me a verse I will never forget.  It was around the same time that I knew I was created for missions in Africa.  I remember it rocking me so much that I remember I busted out a puple marker and wrote it out on notebook paper as quick as I could and pasted it center of my mirror in my room.  The verse is still so strong and dear in my heart.  After twelve years though, the depths of what Paul meant when he said this mean even more.  Thankful for Jesus continually teaching and affirming His word in my soul.


Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself,[b] so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

Paul was being chased in this chapter by the legalistic nuts of his day.  He was one himself actually but had such a radical encounter with Jesus that changed his mission and destiny forever.  Which reminds me, you cant argue theology or doctorine with the legalistic, it must be an encounter with the living God that they recieve to know and understand His heart and truths.  I can hear Paul's heart in verse 18 before this passage above where he shares with those dearest to him how they know that he walked in humility, in many tears and trials, wanting to be killed by many and how he kept nothing back.  No lids on what Holy Spirit wanted to do through him.  He was able to say this because once again he held nothing back and walked in the power of the Holy Spirit, honoring the Lord's movement, to do whatever He led.  He practiced what he preached and what he shared in his heart showed in how he responded to people. In verse 9-12 Paul sees a man fall out of a three story building and goes down and falls on the dude who is dead and the dude is RAISED FROM THE DEAD.  Hello.  What faith Paul had.  I'm sure if that was on the news today, many in the church would think he was demon possessed.  But oh no, he was full of Jesus and had one encounter after another with Jesus that led him to do what seemed so radical.  The words he preached lined up wtih what he did.  That whole chapter encourages me how Paul responded to people and stated "but none of these things move me, nor do I count my life dear to myself". 

May we all have the fear of the Lord on us to walk blameless before Him, not ever hindering the work of His Spirit... for HE DIED so that we would LIVE and give LIFE to all those around us.  No lids.  Just honor. 

...know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever. 1 Chronoicles 28:9

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations