17 May 2010

Made it!

May 14th, 1:30pm...

We arrive at our house in Kitale. Elisha immediately begins playing with Violet. Claire and I fall asleep in our recliner in the living room. We nap for an hour. I wake up. Had this crazy dream that I had gone to America, had a baby and came back to Kenya. It was bizarre!

Needless to say, it's good to be "home". It's such a good and odd feeling. I do feel as though it was all a dream- going back to America for 8 months. Yes, that's right, 8 months! It feels like we never left and I'm right back at home but then again it feels like I'm in a whole new world again and so much has changed. It's very peaceful being back, that's for sure. A sense of being right back where I'm supposed to be.

All the international flights went so great with the kiddos. They were little troopers. We are blessed! I had very low expectations and both Claire and Elisha went above and beyond what we could have asked for. Nairobi was a bit rough, with jet lag and still living out of a suitcase. The flight from Nairobi to Eldoret was the worst. It was one too many flights for the children. The flight began with both of them wanting me to hold them and them screaming. It was a little dramatic. It's all over now!

Saturday we went out for a bit to see our precious children at Mattaw. Wow, they have grown! They're beautiful and healthy as ever. I can't wait to get back out there today and really get some good time in with them. I about cried tears of joy when Lucy walked to me and I was able to hold her. ::heart melting:: Georgie is hilarious! He is full of much personality. Sharon is super tall. Sophie is full of way more smiles. Noah is a little man. They all have improved in their singing and I could listen to them all day! I was full of joy to be back there.

We're now at the coffee shop and will have internet back in our house by tonight. Our lunch just arrived so I better go dive in. Elisha is running freely around. Unlike times in restaurants back in America where I'd have to staple him to a chair because of the rolling of eyes we'd get from people. Here, they laugh and will talk to him when he runs up to each table.

Oh and I must mention little sweet pea. Claire is awesome. It's fun introducing her to everyone. I would say her auntie Hollie is the most in love. Her feet don't touch the ground. Violet is super excited to have a baby to care for again. I excited to have Violet again!

More updates to come once we get internet in the house!

2 comments:

Emily (from JOMO) said...

SO glad to hear you made it back safely and are getting adjusted to being home. It was great to see you while you were here, We Will be praying for all of you!

Nene said...

I'm glad you guys are finally enjoying that 'ahh we're home" feeling. Love to all of you.
Nene

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations