14 June 2009

Safari walk

This is round two of trying to make this post. I lost it earlier because the internet switched off. This is Africa. I hear Ft. Worth area experienced some power outages, guess you got a bit of a taste of our life! Anywho, I know I mentioned this but one of my favorite days in Nairobi was going on a Safari walk with Bud and Elisha in the Nairobi National Park. Elisha loves being outside so it was a great adventure for him. We did make one investment in Nairobi, we considered it to be Elisha's 1/2 birthday gift. It was a stroller. The brand is a Graco, so since it was imported we payed way more than we would of in the states. It was well worth the money though, even the first day it was worth what we paid. And it'll last awhile. We were happy! I have some great testimonies from the past few days but I'll just update on some pictures from our walk and post another one soon.

We set up the camera on a trash can and got a family pictures. This is the stroller.


Here is Bud showing Eli where the buffalo were

We're looking at a lioness through the glass. The lion was eager to get through the fence and play with the antelope. Elisha would just giggle.

Not sure what this is but we were looking over a bridge at it. Looked cool... and African.

At the end of the day we had ice cream. He loved it. He would just smash his face into it.
My next update will me on ministry stuff going on. A lot of awesome testimonies. I know there's some new people keeping up with us so we'd love to hear from you. Even if we don't have a clue who you are! You just push the comment button found under each post. It'll take you to another page and you put your comment (nice comments only!), then type in the box what words you see, they're usually squiggly and push submit. Love yall!
Kimberly

3 comments:

Dalene said...

Comment!

Nene said...

Looks like fun. Glad you got to enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I leave in the morning for Mattaw! I tried to get Susan to give me your e-mail address but she didn't get it to me in time to actually e-mail you. I'm really looking forward to working with you guys and experiencing God's work at Mattaw. I'm a first year teacher here and Susan and David mentioned the possibility of me doing some preliminary assessments on the students and finding out what ya'll need in the schools. I am eager to serve wherever you need us.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations