29 January 2009

Urgent prayer

We just received an email from our social worker back in Kitale. Everything is going good in the home. He has been re-evaluating the children cases of those that are going to be put in house two once we get back to Kenya in March. He attached all the information of the children in the email and as I read through them again, my heart sank. Here is what I found...
Name: Mercy Ebey
Age: 8yrs
Grade: They don't school and never have
School: none
Tribe: Turkana
Mercy is the twin sister to Jennifer
The father died in 2003, then the mother went to Naivasha and got married again. The mother died after the birth of the two younger children- Cecilia Shalo and Simon Tondi (both born HIV+) Cecilia (who was one yrs old) passed away late last year while Simon (who was 3 yrs old) just passed away the other day.
The man died too and was buried in Nanyuki. The relatives of the children were informed and later to go collect the children. (they're from around Mattaw) They have been living with the wife to their uncle, who is 8 children of her own. This was too much for her so she had to give them up to another uncle of theirs in Lodwar, which is one of the parts of our nation facing starvation at the moment. (mostly due to the violence form a year ago where there was bloodshed and much injustice)
Two children dying in a span of five months is serious, Jennifer and Mercy need help as fast as possible.

My heart cries out "why?!". Why children? Why these children? Why injustice? What have a one and three year old done to die from a disease given by their mother or abuse and not live out their destiny? But once again I find myself in Habakkuk. Here the prophet is asking a lot of whys. In verse two he says "how long O Lord, must I call for help, but you do not listen? or cry out to you "violence!" but you do not save? Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. Therefore the law is useless and justice never goes forth. The wicked hem in righteous so that justice is worthless. Then the Lord answers "Look at the nations and watch-- and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." The prophet goes on to ask why and to point out all the injustice and horrible things happening. But then its like he pauses to think and then says "I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what He will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint." Then the Lord replied: "write down the revelation and make it plain on tables so that the herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."
I too have to stop and after getting pretty frustrated at injustice I am reminded to station myself. In other words, position myself to hear from the Lord and not blame it on Him. I wait in expectancy. And as my Father, He gently reminds me of the vision and many revelations of reaching the desperate, hopeless children of Africa. Though it lingers... at times, I sure feel like the vision is lingering and taking time, waiting for the hundreds and thousands of orphans that need a mommy and daddy, and Jesus. But we wait, in God's timing it will certainly come and will not delay! What great hope we have! A Father so kinds to give us a vision that we're so passionate about, so desperate to see happen, and he brings it at the right time... no delay. I'm getting to that point again of feeling a rush inside to run back to Kenya and rescue children. Of course it's always there but the urge gets stronger the longer I am away from Kenya. As you saw in the report, the little girl Mercy had two younger siblings that have died in the past year. Now probably wondering "is it me next?". So please cry out with me for Mercy and Jennifpher's life. That God would remove the injustice and give them abundant life. I'm ready to go and swoop them up in my arms! But I can't help but think, how many more Cecilia's and Simon's are out there? How many more Mercy's and Jennifer's are out there? Let's get to building! Rise up church! There's still approximately 1.9 orphans in Kenya alone.
Created for this,
Kimberly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations