06 January 2011

Tundra



Hello from the frozen tundra of Minnesota! It is cooooold. As much as Bud and I hate the cold and love warm weather, we are actually having a great time. We are here in Moorehead, MN (right next to Fargo, North Dakota) and are staying with the Erhardt family.Between them and the Lutz family, we are so very warm and taken care of. Thank y'all! You are life savers... literally.

We've had many opportunities to speak to people about Mattaw Children's Village. So far it's been in a church in Wisconsin, a few times in a Christian school and last night in a youth group here in Moorhead

And we've enjoyed getting to reconnect with almost every white person in this picture.

So we've been planning with the Erhardt's for the past couple of years about them moving out with their family.

(and we have a different couple for sure coming this summer whom I've GOT to tell you about! Soon to come)

This past year, the Erhardt's have added a sweet baby girl to their family. Claire loves her....

And this week it's just been crazy the little confirmations God has given this family and us that the time for them to move over and work with us might be sooner than later. Especially because Mattaw might be expanding in a HUGE way. Tonight might confirm that. It's a secret though. Maybe I will share soon! :-))) It involves little ones that I miss so much, such as this one...



I miss Lucy.

And more so like this one....


(BABY)

But I'll have to officially talk about that later.

We are just thrilled and so thankful for all God is doing in our midst right now. It's unbelievable and more than I could even ask or imagine. Hey that kinda sounded like something out of the bible. I think it actually is... (and I like the amplified sometimes because it just, well, amplifies verses!)

20Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--
21To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
And so we all that to say we love the Erhardts, are excited what this year holds for them, and are having a great time here with them. More to come on them.
On to Mattaw Children's Village.
Today, and pretty much everyday, I am just missing the children so much. I miss driving out to Mattaw and being greeted by big hugs with smiles and laughter. I miss eating out at Mattaw with the kids. I miss seeing the incredible change being made in their lives on a daily basis. I miss Kenya. But today we were making final plans for our remaining time here in the states and realized we only have five weeks left! Crazy. I am so enjoying our time back and just content as can be with what we do. We are able to be advocates for our baby, Mattaw, and to see it grow and blossom into all God has planned for it. I just love it. But I am so eager and am anticipating when we get to back back to officially open house three. We will take...

Mary Clementine


Angeline


Dan

Peter

Mercy (can you believe what a difference hair makes on this girl?!)

And a few other kids that I'm not picturing.



And we will get to permanently place them in this home. I can not wait! They will call this building home and a family will be formed that will be held together by the love of Jesus.

And you can sponsor one of these beautiful children that I just mentioned. And our newest update on the website for Mattaw Children's Village is that you can now send in your monthly sponsorship through paypal. And even more conveniently, you can pick an option of paying monthly automatically. You can go check it out on our website, www.mattawchildren.com.


Oh and I think Claire and Elisha are really missing Violet too. (or maybe that is me that is missing her!) She helps to care for our kiddos during the week. We all love and miss her!

And that's a wrap for this entry on the blog today.

Going sledding today...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations