05 December 2010

Jumped across the pond



Wow, did I really not post anything since that last one? What a bummer to leave that as the last one on here for awhile. Oops! Well, just a quick update because, well, I'm awake. It's 2am Texas time and I'm awake. We traveled well across that big pond and made it safely to Texas. I'm really not sure what day it is and this past week is a blur! But we made it and left things in order and at peace (i believe!). We spent a few days in Nairobi before flying out. We took Ian and Caleb with us, two of our Kenyan "sons". I wish we could of had more time with them but it was a good trip to the big city for them.

The 24 hours of traveling went about as good as it could with a 9 month old and 3 year old! They are little troopers and I'm so very thankful for them. London airport was a bit of a shock, in a good way. It was freezing cold getting off the plane but shortly after I found myself with a gingerbread latte from starbucks in my hand. Christmas cheer in a cup! The second flight was good except for about two hours of it. I had the thought "oh no, we are that family" run through my head as Bud was finally getting to sleep so I didn't want to wake him, Claire for once could not be comforted and was crying while the lights were dim and everyone on the plane was sleeping, and Elisha was grumpy running down the aisles. We got through it though. It was a sweet welcoming to come out of the airport to my mom and mother in law. For me personally, to sum up in one word how I'm feeling, it's content. Every trip back and forth, there is so much emotion with it. This time it just is what it is. The timing is perfect as it always is, I can just see it more clearly at this moment. Praying so much for our Kenyan family and friends as we are apart physically but together in heart always. We showed our parents the new Mattaw promo video last night and I was a bit bummed I didn't follow through with stuffing Georgie and Lucy in my bag! Or any of our Mattaw children for that matter.



1 comments:

Mary said...

Glad to hear you guys made it here in one piece! Welcome back!
Hope to see you all soon. I'm gonna try and make it to the party at Bud's parents house. Saw it in the church bulletin. E-mail me the details if you think about it because I didn't get a chance to write it down.
Are you phone numbers the same as last time??

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations