07 September 2010

Transition

When I haven't posted for awhile, I feel I should wait until I have pictures to go along with an update because usually pictures are just better than words. Well, I don't have pictures today. But maybe tonight or tomorrow.

We've been going through a pretty rough few weeks. Especially the past few days. God has been so good to us though. He is our provider, our strength, our comforter, and our wisdom. We continue to keep our eyes on Jesus, trusting that "and this too will pass". I feel I shouldn't share the situation, we want to honor those involved and not let the enemy have a hay day with gossip more than he already has. We're hurting though. I once heard in a sermon, they were talking about the trials we go through and situations. He was saying how those involved are given the grace to go through what they are and other people are not. So that made sense why it's good not to share details, because I might get it and see it for what it is, but sharing it with someone that doesn't might be quick to judge or not understand. In all hard times though, the Word from Jesus has been comforting and applicable. I often find that the situation I'm in and encouragement I'm given applies to those around, even if they're in a different situation. And vise verse for those that share with me. Here are a few scriptures I've heard over and over again and if any of you are facing difficulties, I hope you find comfort and encouragement as well...

Rom 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Nehemiah 6... to sum it up, Nehemiah is rebuilding a wall (which we happen to literally be building right now), people are hearing false things about him and send a message several times to get him to come and meet with them, but it's a trap and will cause him to be distracted from what God has called him to. So he responds that he will not come down from the good work he is doing.

2 Cor 2:14-17 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the one an aroma from life to life. And who is adequate for these things? For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God , we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

Psalm 16.... vs 1- Preserve me O God for I take refuge in You, I said to the Lord, "you are my Lord; I have no good besides You"
vs 5-8 The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You support my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. I will bless the Lord who has counseled me; indeed my mind instructs me in the night. I have set the Lord continually before me because He is at my right hand and I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will dwell securely for you will not abandon my soul.... vs
11 You make known to me the path of life; In your presence is fullness of joy, in your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Then last week I got an email with a story and encouragement. It was pretty dead on! It's a bit long but worth reading...


One of our church families that is going through some challenging times shared this testimony with us recently:

"This past weekend I was going about my routine of tidying the house. As I was wiping down my glass table I was contemplating the different trials and tribulations my family and I were going through. My mind then began to wander and think of all my friends and co-workers that were going through 'hard-times' as well. Everybody knows somebody struggling or suffering in some way, and it seems that this year has been especially tough.

"While my mind was preoccupied, I continued wiping the table. As I came to the opposite side of the table, I saw words on the underside of the glass. It was actually a sentence smudged or stuck to the table. It read 'Nothing's Too Hard For God.' After reading it, I immediately screamed for my husband to come and look. Then my carnal thinking kicked in and I began racking my brain as to how it could have gotten there... but that is actually not the point, and frankly does not matter at all! The real message here is that God spoke to me in the midst of EVERYTHING and clearly said, 'Nothing Is Too Hard for Me!' I thanked and praised Him for interrupting my normal routine, my carnal thinking and reminding me He is in control, He is taking care of His children, and He is bigger than any problem that may arise. A couple days later my husband and I really had reason to remind ourselves of this truth and take Him at His word. Through that one sentence, God gave us encouragement for what we were experiencing, and what He knew was ahead."

This word was a breath of fresh air for this family that brought them back to reality in the midst of personal hardship! Reality, you might say. Yes, reality! There is one truth that defines our life, our circumstances, our present situation, our past and our future. He is I AM that I AM. Nothing exists that is not in Him, through Him or by Him. As Paul said, "In Him we live and move and have our being."

He is the Truth

He is Truth. He is our Shepherd, and therefore we shall not want for anything. He is our Healer—and whether we see the miracle in this life or the next, He provided for our complete wholeness when He took our stripes at the Cross. He is our Provider—He exchanged our poverty for the seven-fold blessings of the Lamb. All power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing are His, and they are yours right now in Him (see Revelation 5:12). He is our Father—bringing you identity and belonging that trumps any lie the devil might throw at you in this world.

Whatever other "-ality" you are facing right now, tap into Reality. Nothing's impossible with God. Abraham tapped into reality when he believed God for a son after both he and his wife were well-beyond natural means to bear children. When the Three Visitors came to announce the miracle to come, Sarah laughed at the absurdity of the word they gave: "God said to Abraham, 'Why did Sarah laugh saying, "Me? Have a baby? An old woman like me?" Is anything too hard for God? I'll be back about this time next year and Sarah will have a baby'" (Genesis 18:13 TM).

This word is for you today. We are in a season of deliverance from barrenness, famine, lack, poverty and spiritual orphanhood. If your dreams seem dead, God is about to pour out fresh rain of His Spirit to revive them. If your hopes deferred have made you sick, God is healing your broken heart today. If you feel like an outsider in God's family, He is saying,"Come on in! I've adopted you as My son. You belong to Me!"

Abraham is the father of our faith. The lineage through whom your Father, I AM that I AM, made Himself known to the world. You were brought into that great heritage the moment you said, "Yes" to Jesus. He wants to make known to you the full benefits of being a part of His family.



This situation is perfect. It's perfect in the sense that the only option is for God to show up. Of course there's SO much going on that is good, and there's so much worse that could happen. We could have no food or money right now, and we do. Thank you Jesus. But in regards to this trial, it's a perfect situation for God to show up. For Him to be our God and us to be his people. For him to be our King Jesus and us to be his servants. For Him to be our Father and us to be his children. Because He absolutely LOVES to rescue his children.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Well then. We are praying for you all the more! Seems like you have a great perspective.

Can't wait for pictures:)

Emily (from JoMo) said...

I will be praying!

RWebb said...

What a great post Kim. Sorry to hear you guys are going through a hard time, but praising God for the truth he's shown to you. Praying for you guys today and that God will show up big, just like you've asked, and that He will continue to comfort you guys with His Word of love and truth.

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations