27 February 2012

awhimaway...

> I have the song "in the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps toniiiight" stuck in my head. Anyone know what that means when they say awhimaway, awhimaway... ??? Or is that even what they say? Anyways...
>
> This past week I was thrilled to follow around and be the driver some days for my friend Dalene. She was part of our first group of interns in 2007 (poor thing! they were our guinea pigs). So to see her in the role God has now placed her was really exciting to see. She is a leader and a good one too. Check out their organaization: untilthen.com. We love them and what they do! And speaking of, if you're a new reader and haven't seen the documentary 'glue boys', you should go order it. I'm pretty sure there is a link on their website. If not, email me and I'll give you the hook ups. It'll give you a better understanding of glue boys and the documentary mostly takes place in Kitale, where we live.
>
> At the end of their trip, we unexpectedly got a girls getaway by going on safari and going to Nairobi where Dalene and her friend flew out tonight. I'm so thankful for my fabulous husband that made this possible and is caring for seven kids living in our home while I'm away! I love that man!
>
> So while on safari we were fortunate to see lions in this particular game park. Unfortunately the lazy cats were asleep, so we have no evidence since they blend in so nicely to the grass. The lioness did stand up for a split second to show off her beauty. It was a great safari though. A lot of giraffe, cape buffalo, monkeys and surprisingly rhino...
>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations