28 January 2011

A long winded update...

Ok, so I've been trying to put up a post where I just write on here and it hasn't happened. Thank goodness because I was very tired this past week and it was borderline of being whiney.

I haven't given a long winded update in awhile. You could get bored but hey, I warned you. You can go to the post below and get a good dose of pictures of our kids.

I know, you want to see the cute Kenyan ones... they will be making their way back onto this blog soon! And I mean SOON!

I am completely astonished by what the Lord continues to do in our midst. I'm just overwhelmed by the hearts God draws in to HIS vision of Mattaw Children's Village. I heard a sermon recently and in it the guy says something along the lines of "when you have faith in something bigger than yourself, it leaves no room to boast in yourself because you simply can't, it's only something God can do and when He does it, all you can do is give him the thanks and glory". YES. That is how I feel daily. The vision of Mattaw is so much bigger than ourselves or anything we could even think or imagine. Just the daily runnings overwhelm me if I think about it too hard. I just have to keep trusting and resting in Jesus. We just keep saying "YES!" to all he has. Sometimes I think "don't we have enough kids? many have been saved and we can just establish what we have and that be it." (Now I'm letting you hear my tiredness come out and boy does it sound selfish!) But really, sometimes I think that maybe soon it'll be enough and we can just be ok with that. But then I rest in HIS presence and set my focus on Jesus and realize that is not what he's called us to.

(*side note: please dont hear what I'm not saying. im saying whatever God calls YOU to, do it and don't settle for less. i'm saying not to be intimidated by a bigger picture and putting your faith in something beyond yourself. it's not about what you've done on paper, it's about being obedient and not being overwhelmed to live the life He created you to live. i hope you're hearing me right!)

Anywho, we will keep on building and keep on saving as long as the Lord continues to provide. And then I get really excited and say yes to the thought of hundreds or even thousands. (it just sounds crazy) I could really care less if it's even us, I just know there's going to be MANY many more that are rescued, redeemed and releasing the Kingdom of Jesus Christ. YAY!

Since my last post on here which was an update of Houston, we've traveled from Houston to Decatur, San Angelo and back to Decatur. I got tired! But I couldn't help but get a second wind by getting refreshed in God's Word. I was just telling the Lord how tired I was and really do trust we are following Him around everywhere and sharing where we are supposed to and what we are supposed to. But I could use a little breather here. And I was reminded I don't need to feel like I'm hanging on for the ride. I don't want to just survive. That's not the life Jesus provided for us. His finished work on the cross provided a life of Joy, complete satisfaction in Him, wholeness, peace, and LOVE. I (we) shouldn't feel we just need a breather to "just get by" in life. No way man! "God is the most glorified in us when we are the most satisfied in Him" -Bill Johnson (i think)

Even if I'm pushing my child on the swing, cleaning up cheerios, riding in a car for hours, speaking in front of a church, hugging kids in Kenya, building a home for orphans, or going to see a movie with my husband (which we did a few nights ago, thank goodness!) I hope whatever it is I'm doing, I'm doing it to the fullest and allowing HIS strength to work through me. Not mine. Nope. I gave it up a long time ago and don't plan on being tricked into thinking I have to strive to accomplish any small or large task. It's not my works to begin with! It's Him working and willing through me. Through you. Through us. And I don't have to do a thing. That's a lot of what the Lord has been teaching me lately. (or I should say he is reminding me). REST. He actually teaches me this a lot. Because I have to hear it a lot.

Our main focus on going around and speaking has been to share God's goodness so that He would be glorified and we'd all experience His presence. We're not going places with the first intention being to fundraise. He's our Papa and will provide how he sees best, and usually in ways we LEAST expect it. We just keep saying yes to where he says to go and say what he says to say. Here's the scripture I just got filled up with love by Jesus and found that rest....

4But God--so rich is He in His mercy! Because of and in order to satisfy the great and wonderful and intense love with which He loved us,

5Even when we were dead (slain) by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ; [He gave us the very life of Christ Himself, the same new life with which He quickened Him, for] it is by grace (His favor and mercy which you did not deserve) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation).

6And He raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together [giving us (joint seating with Him) in the heavenly sphere [by virtue of our being] in Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

7He did this that He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable (limitless, surpassing) riches of His free grace (His unmerited favor) in [His] kindness and goodness of heart toward us in Christ Jesus.

8For it is by free grace (God's unmerited favor) that you are saved (delivered from judgment and made partakers of Christ's salvation) through [your] faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [of your own doing, it came not through your own striving], but it is the gift of God;

9Not because of works [not the fulfillment of the Law's demands], lest any man should boast. [It is not the result of what anyone can possibly do, so no one can pride himself in it or take glory to himself.]

10For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

(Ephesians 2)

So basically God already planned what He was going to do through us, we just have to say yes and believe. The rest comes so easily. There's no striving when we're walking with Jesus! We don't have to pump ourselves up to have faith. (that's striving!) We just rest and trust and believe!

(p.s.... just had an AMAZING night in Joplin, MO. "Miracle grow Mattaw" was the name of the fundraiser that some phenomenal people put together. I will share more soon. Thanks be to Jesus)

1 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing Kimberly! I needed to hear that! Love ya!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations