15 July 2010

Claire sitting up!

I'm way overdue for an update! Lets take a quick overview....

Mattaw: Kids are doing great. No health problems other than there's an outbreak of boils going around, kind of like staff infection. It's on their legs. About 7 of our kids have it but we took them to the Dr. and they're getting better. We've FINALLY finished letters to sponsors so that one of the girls that is here can take them back on Sunday to save us postage. So here in the next few weeks you'll receive a letter if you are a sponsor. We had an inspection yesterday at the home from the children's department and they were very encouraging. Humphrey said he heard them make a comment to themselves "they have really beaten us", meaning they're doing great and have outdone themselves... or something along those line. It sounds negative but was a positive statement in their language. There were minor things to improve before officially registering us so we'll be busy next month with that list. Pray favor for us with government officials! The brick machine has come in! And almost all the money was raised! (maybe even all of it, the updated list hasn't come in) So Bud is picking it up, the guy that sold it to us will come train people to use it, and then we'll get to building on house three! By Christmas we want to have it up and running with children running in and out of it full of joy!

Biological children: Elisha and Claire are growing like weeds! Sometimes it's hard to believe how much I can love them. They're so much fun. Every night is different on how they sleep which I'm learning not to let that effect my mood! Elisha was up at 6am... why!? I have no idea. Yesterday he slept until 8, which was amazing. Claire is only waking up at 4am and then usually sleeps till 9 as long as her big brother doesn't come in the room or we don't have to leave to go somewhere. Elisha is starting to talk more and has no interest at all in using the potty. Oh well, one day. Claire is a ball of fun! I'm loving this age. She is starting to interact more and her newest thing is starting to sit up on her own. It's quite ridiculous to go by a book with child development. I mean I guess they're good to read to have an idea. Every kid is so different. I was thinking she was late according to the book on lifting her head and then within days she was pushing herself up when on her stomach and now almost sitting up!

Bud and I: We're about to have a break and go on vacation to be refreshed from a busy summer of teams. I'm SO looking forward to this. We were blessed to have teams and visitors this summer but it's time for family time and rest! Gotta go... kids are calling... enjoy the pictures...




I love them.

5 comments:

Dalene said...

oh so cute!! and it looks like Claire's hair is turning more blonde! can't wait to see all of you!

Nene said...

great post , happy vacation to you,

David said...

great to hear things are going so well! Kristi and I hope to catch up with you later on this year (over there) and ask how we (as Imagine) can partner with you guys in the days to come. Keep up the awesome work - the King is glorified!

Melanie said...

KIM! I had lost your blogspot url and haven't been on myspace in at least a year so I had completely lost track of you. I'm glad to see you are doing so well! I didn't even know you were having a second baby and your girl is already sitting up!? WHAT!? I am glad to hear that things are going well for you and your family, biological and otherwise. Hopefully I will be able to do a better job of keeping up this time around!
Melanie (Pair) Unger

Mary said...

Well, i guess this is a little late. It has been so long since i've seen a post on my rss feed that i started wondering if i had unsubscribed or something so i just came right on over and sure enough i had missed this post! So a belated comment...

Wow...Claire has changed and grown so much! I can't believe that she is already sitting up! I am so happy to see that she still has so much hair!(since Judah hardly has a strand left!)
Elisha is so cute and looks so grown up in these pictures! I miss him and his cute little voice!
Hope you have(or had?) a fun time on vacation!!! Can't wait to read all about it!!

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations